Iceland's Golden Circle in Depth
Iceland’s Golden Circle in Depth
Experience the highlights of Iceland’s Golden Circle on a five-day loop from Reykjavik. When we say you’ll see the hotspots, we mean it – whether you’re soaking in the steamy geothermal waters of the Secret Lagoon or marvelling at the eruptions of the Strokkur Geysir. But this is the land of not only fire, but ice too – and where better to experience the latter than Solheimajokull Glacier, and the south coast’s series of pristine waterfalls? In between all these adventures – led by an expert local leader – you’ll stay on a sustainable working farm to learn what rural life is like on this majestic isle.
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Gunnuhver hot springs
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Strandarkirkja
- Reykjanes Peninsula – Bridge between Continents
- Hvolsvollur Valley – Farm to Table Dinner
- Golden Circle – Strokkur Geysir
- Golden Circle – Gullfoss Waterfall
- Fludir – Secret Lagoon
- South Coast – Solheimajokull Glacier Hike
- South Coast – Skogafoss Waterfall visit
- South Coast – Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- South Coast – Kvernufoss Waterfall Hike
- Reykjavik – Walking Tour
- Golden Circle – Thingvellir National Park
- See the sights that make Iceland’s famous Golden Circle so celebrated, from Gulfoss Waterfall to Strokkur Geysir and Thingvellir National Park.
- There are few things more quintessentially Icelandic than soaking in a geothermal pool – experience it for yourself during a visit to the lesser-known Secret Lagoon.
- Spend a few nights at an eco-hotel that’s part of a sustainable, family-run farm and enjoy a planet-friendly, farm-to-table meal.
- Stand in the spray of Iceland’s most iconic south coast cascades – from the thundering Skogafoss to the enchanting Seljalandsfoss.
- Explore one of Europe’s largest ice caps on an adventurous walk over the alien landscape of Solheimajokull Glacier.
Reykjanes Peninsula / Hvolsvollur Valley
Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Valley
South Coast / Hvolsvollur Valley
Thingvellir National Park / Reykjavik